Wednesday, July 10, 2013

We're So Outdoorsy

This last weekend we decided to go up to Mount Rainier and hike around a bit.

It was incredible!

Our first stop was Sunrise Lodge.


 We needed to fuel up.

These boys had a lot of work ahead of them.

Careful.   Don't pull a muscle, buddy.

It had been awhile since I had carried one of them on a hike (missed you Ralph and Jenny) so it was a little bit of a surprise when I first put all 30 pounds of Win on.

Way to be chubby, Win.
On we went to the Sourdough Ridge Trail which was not only a gorgeous hike, but it made me want some sourdough bread.
From California Adventure.

Weird, I know.

Anyway, the hike was beautiful and a little slippery with snow (I only biffed it once.  It was more ugly than dangerous.  Win laughed.  So did the guy behind me.)








It looked fake.

Like we were in front of a green screen.

After that hike we got in the car and headed back down the mountain to another hike.


Stopped for this photo pop, but the boys were not having it.
The place that we went for our second hike was called The Grove of the Patriarchs.  

It is an area that has some of the oldest trees in Washington.

They were no Redwoods, but they were a close second.






The boys loved it.

We loved it.

It was a perfect way to finish off our 4th of July Weekend.

3 comments:

brooklyn Norton said...

Wow looks incredible!

Ralph and Jenny Davis said...

awwww we miss you guys too, way to go looks so amazing!

Anonymous said...

Way to go. I can't bring myself to hike with ours. I'm too out of shape