Sunday, December 28, 2008

Look Out Martha Stewart


Here comes Alex Davis! I got this for my birthday from my incredible in-laws and then to go with TJ gave me sewing lessons. I was so excited!! I still am! What got me into this whole new world of sewing? Well I got the whole idea because I was at this showroom in LA helping my mom design a new top for her store. So I sketch out the top and tell the people how I want it to look on and they couldn't really catch the dream. So they brought out on of their seamstresses and we went over it for a little while and the whole time in my mind I though "my job would be a whole lot easier if I new how to sew". I ask this seamstress to make a mock up for me and three weeks later it shows up a little different than expected. That is where the spark really set in. So now I have all of the things that I need and after spending a few hours at Ikea yesterday and buying some killer fabric for $1.99 a yard I am ready to start. My first project is throw pillows...

5 comments:

brooklyn Norton said...

WOW A Dunn....susie homemaker you are:) i love it

Bournes said...

congrats on the sewing machine. I think we all secretly want one but it's not till we're married that we can admit it :) Hope you guys had a good Christmas!

Alta said...

I am so excited for you. Please post a picture of your pillow when you are finished. By the way guess what I got for Christmas?????...... Exactly what we were talking about on Christmas Eve. A new sewing dress form. Let me know if you ever what to come over and play around with it. K that sounds a bit weird but o well. ps I put a new link on my old blog to my new one so come visit.

Anonymous said...

Hey Al, our blog address changed, so update your blog roll if you'd like. It's : http://web.me.com/pease.pod/The_Pease_Pod/Blog/Blog.html

Kate said...

...and do me a favor? Will you try and leave a comment to see if it works? My comments hadn't been working because I didn't know about the change. Thanks SO MUCH! Love ya!!!