Wednesday, January 12, 2011

decisions, decisions

this...




or this...



i think i already know what you're thinking, but it's not as easy as it seems.

tj and i are feeling really blessed, excited and a little overwhelmed. 2011 is kind of a big deal for us, not only are we going to welcome our twin boys, but soon after we will be moving to a new city. this week tj recieved an offer from amazon which would mean we would move to seattle. seattle!! what a cool city with tons of stuff to do. museums, restaurants, the ocean, and of course the high cost of living.
then there is the offer from walmart which would mean we would be moving to bentonville, where we lived this summer. small town, family oriented, down to earth people, beaver lake and one cheap flight away from places like florida and new orleans and of course the low cost of living.
so we are supposed to make a decision here pretty soon that will shape the course of our lives. (deep breath) but i'll be perfectly honest, i'll go anywhere. i think both places sound fun and i am open for whatever the future brings. i really think it will come down to whatever company tj wants to work for. anyway, i will for sure let you all know (all 2 of you) as soon as we make a decision. i love a new adventure!

5 comments:

Laura-Lu said...

For what it's worth, I would be SOOOO jealous if you moved to Seattle. Having lived there and worked for Amazon myself, I would give anything to be back in that city. It's amazing. I've never been to the other place though so I couldn't say about that. I'm sure it's a win-win. I will say though that I would totally come visit you in Seattle if we don't end up moving back there ourselves. Congrats on the new job! What part of Amazon would he be working for? We know a few people there, including Ray Bradford who I ran into at the cafeteria one day. Remember him? Random.

Alright I think I've said enough here :)

Allison said...

Washington is closer therefore that is my vote. Since I have a vote, right! BUT, y'all's place would for sure be a fun stop on our Dollywood road trip that is totally gonna happen! How exciting!

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

You are such a good, supportive wife!!!

brooklyn Norton said...

Where have you decided...?!

Elizabeth said...

alex, just found your blog through Erika's. I am so excited for you and TJ and two babies and now a move! You are lucky to have two great choices.

For the record, I LOVED Arkansas when we were there for the reunion - and Beaver Lake is awesome, don't you think.

Seattle is awesome but it is expensive and from what I've heard, long commutes.

Can't wait to hear what you decide. great stuff either way. Love you.