Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Shareholders Week

       I'm going to start this post by posing a question: Have you ever gone running in a sauna? A steam room? How about both?
 WELL, WE HAVE!

               Last weekend TJ and I ran the Walmart shareholders 5k here in Bentonville.  When I saw that they were have a 5k I thought it would be fun for us to do so we got signed up.  Now, the race started at 6:30 and with the heat and humidity here I thought that 6:30 in the morning would be perfect.  Well, after TJ had signed us up he said to me "it's going to be hot as hell running at 6:30".

I said "it won't be that bad in the morning", and then I realized.
6:30 in the evening!

         It was 87 degrees that day with 97% humidity.  I hate this word but there is no other word to use... it was moist.  The course had a steep decline for the first half and then you had to double back to a steep incline.  Did I complain?  Yes.  Yes I did.  I did the Salt Lake Half Marathon in April and I can tell you that the first seven miles were way easier than the 3 miles I ran here.

          Let's back track a little.  Walmart Shareholders week was awesome!  There were amazing concerts like Tim Mcgraw, The Zac Brown Band, REO Speedwagon, Barenaked Ladies.  The Shareholders Meeting (which I was not able to go to) was MC'd by Jamie Fox and the entertainers were Enrique Iglesias, Mariah Carey, Lee Dewyze, Mary J. Blige, Josh Groban and Cheryl Crow.  Pretty unreal.  Here are some pictures from one of the concerts.

         This looks a ton smaller than it really was.  We were in the lower bowl of the Razorbacks basketball arena, so I couldn't get a full picture of the upper bowls.  That is China in front of us.  England, Brazil, Chile and a bunch of other countries were represented and they all had matching T shirts with their own cheers for their country.

                                          It was a really fun week.

3 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

Enrique!!!! Quiero Ser Tu Heroe

Alex said...

so proud of you guys!! looks like your having all kinds of fun! miss you both a ton!

Richard and Emily said...

Glad you have having a great time!!! Miss you guys - can't wait for Maui.......a ahhhhhhh!!